Friday, February 10, 2012

08 : You'll Never Know

Ever had a time where you felt like a total loser & you felt like you just don't belong anywhere? Well, I'm experiencing it now. I don't like the feeling of it. I used to think I was a happy child, well I am but to what extent? I sometimes feel very insecure of what's in front of me. I don't know whether I'm paranoid but I try to believe that I'm paranoid. I always have this mindset that people don't like me. It's time to change that mindset. Okay, it's true that you can't get everyone to like you & you can't force a person to like you either. Obviously, in life you'll encounter or meet people that do not "click" with you. So, it's okay. In my opinion, if the person doesn't hurt you, then you don't have to do anything.

Of course, there are also people that you have not much topic to talk about. All you do is, hi & bye. Then it's okay too! It doesn't mean that you have 1000 friends means you are friendly. Ask yourself this question, if you have these 1000 friends, how many of them are true? How many of them will be there for you? Stand up for you, help you, care for you, tell you that you are not okay even if you said you are? It could be just the 5% out of your 1000 friends or maybe only 1. In this society today, it is easy to say that I know that person or this person because of SOCIAL NETWORK. You can just meet one day person A through a mutual friend, then that person adds you on facebook or twitter or the other way round. So, all you ever do is write on each other's wall or mention the person. You never exactly have a proper conversation & then you go and say that person is my best friend. Seriously? I don't think so. That's one thing you'll never know.

It's hard to see a person's expression when you chat with them through media. So it's hard to know what kind of person he or she really is. This is something I learned and everyone should too. It impacted me so much which I shall not continue on what I'm about to say. Another thing you'll never know is what's happening in your body. So my experience today was at Sunway Medical Centre (SMC). I attempted to donate my blood to the blood bank at the SMC with my friends. All these while, I've always wanted to donate my blood to save lives! Imagine that bag of blood of yours could save someone's life. & that someone probably in future could contribute to the society and make this world a better place. You're the saviour! So, that's why I've always wanted to help. Contribute a little. You might be saving the next president of United States or the next Malaysia Prime Minister. :)

Okay, so back to my story, we went to the blood donation section at LG floor and met Dr. Gan who was in-charged with all these blood donation stuff. Before donating, he wanted to check if my haemoglobin concentration was enough to donate. He took a sample of my blood and dropped them into a blue solution and the blood drop was supposed to sink. Turns out... it float! Eventually it will sink but it was supposed to sink IMMEDIATELY! Mine did not. Honestly, I almost cried when the doctor told me I could not donate my blood this time. He adviced me to take more food with rich IRON. So people, remember! Take sufficient of food with iron so that you can too donate your blood and don't encounter such experience like mine. It was seriously heart breaking. I had tears under my eyes already. But I managed to control them from rolling down my cheeks. But it was sad. 

It was something like this. The solution is copper sulphate.
If the drop of blood sinks to the bottom in an acceptable amount of time, the donor qualifies. If the drop of blood floats or takes too long to sink the donor is deferred.

These are vegetables rich in iron if you are a vegetarian. There are also a list of it :)
Spinach, Broccoli, Oats, Hazelnuts, Raisins, Dates, Apricot, Prunes, Asparagus, Parsley, Watercress, Brusselssprouts, Collard greens, Mustard greens, Lentils, Chick peas, Soybeans, Red kidney beans, Artichokes, Blackstrap molasses, Millet Sprouts, Kale Cabbage, Sunflower seeds, Almond, Tofu, Soy yogurt, Alfalfa, Figs,


These are also examples of food which are rich in Iron :)

P.S. : Photos are randomly found on google. Credits photographers for the shot. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment